CIVIL WAR DAY AT THE CLINTON COUNTY HISTORY CENTER
SATURDAY, JULY 13, 2013
10:00 A.M.—4:00 P.M.
The Clinton County Historical and Genealogical Societies are working to provide day long activities at the History Center commemorating Clinton County and the Civil War. The Center will be open to all from 10:00 until 4:00 on July 13. The following activities are being planned:
- Tours of the museum, with an emphasis on our Civil War artifacts, and items from the collection of the Civil War era.
- Stories about Clinton County citizens during the Civil War
- Presentations on: How I Found My Civil War Ancestors, and Researching Your Ancestry
- Copies of original township Civil War Roster sheets
- Fact sheets
- Light refreshments and music
Genealogical Society volunteers will be available to explain the resources available in the Library and where to find information if your family is not from Clinton County. There will information and activities available for the entire family. If you would like to participate/volunteer, e-mail email@example.com. Join us on the 13th.
ABRAM ALLEN COVERLET
Al and Betsy McKeen of Longmeadow, MA, donated an 1835 Abram Allen coverlet, which has been part of their collection for the past 30 years. Many thanks to Al and Betsy.
Abram Allen was born in Ireland in about 1796, lived and woked in Clinton County and produced coverlets from 1833 to 1844. This coverlet is now on exhibit in the museum.